Oh boy has this month not only been enlightening but also encouraging & empowering thus far!
- Bills to pay
- To File
- Medical (bills, records, insurance records)
- Kid 1
- Kid 2
- Owner Manuals
- To Relocate
- Attorney/Annulment (I am divorced)
- Filing Cabinet – I needed to purge many of these files, so I kinda skipped ahead. I took out all of the files in the cabinet and started to purge and sort through what we needed and what we could shred. I found oil change receipts from 2010, old car insurance premiums from 2008 and only the plumbing fix from originally buying our house over 7 years ago – nothing of the original mortgage since we refinanced, just the plumbing receipt. So I purged and started to sort into new categories for filing. I am currently waiting on my file folders so that everything can go back in.
- Receipt & Mail corralling –
- As far as receipt corralling, you can see what we did here.
- For the mail, I am creating some sort of “mailbox” system so that papers are not just left on the table and forgotten about.
- Photos – UGH! There are so many photos. My husband and I house them on Google Drive and we are nearing our limit. Our goal is to tag each photo and delete all of the duplicates that were put there when we merged my computer files and his. By my calculations of 8 years, 12 months each, plus January and February of this year, I have to go through 4 months per day to finish by the end of the month – starting yesterday. I better go get busy…
- Grocery List/Pantry Items – We started using Grocery IQ for shopping and it works overall but we have some things that don’t always get on the list either because we don’t have our phones with us or it is something we get all.the.time so we overlook it. So we decided that we need a list on the fridge too. I also need to keep a pantry list in our kitchen so that I know what we have on hand in the basement – I didn’t know we were out of pasta this week for example, what Italian do you know is ever out of pasta?? So off to search Pinterest for one pre-done or just create my own. We will see what works best!
Paint if needed
Begin re-organization following week 1’s plan
Thanks so much for reading my little blog. Please feel free to comment. Also, remember that sharing is caring and is always appreciated!